I don't think Randy believed me when I asked if he would mind if I drove our Acura through the stewing ponds of lava-grade muck. But he did believe me when I loaded up Carter and Camryn, carefully made sure their seatbelts were buckled, and then roared through the field, spinning cookies and tossing mud everywhere.
It was FABULOUS.

I wish this image could do justice to the large amount of mud and rocks that caked my car on Saturday. Actually, after two car washes there are still remnants of my moment of glory on the running boards. And I can't tell you how much it drives my obsessive compulsive son absolutely BONKERS to see that the car is still muddy. He comments on it every time we get in the car. As for me, I fondly regard it as a memento of my journey.
Other stress relievers this week:
Loud music:
Food:


And of course, Family:

(I am on my laptop and I don't have a pic of Randy, but he's been really really kind and helpful this week. Thanks, Hon!)
I will be ok if I can get through this week, so the end is near. I just hope the car and my waistline make it through the end of the semester without too much damage.
5 comments:
The thought of you doing things like this is exactly why I like you so much!
Ya... you're a cool chick and sister-in-law! Can I borrow your Acura to go digging around too? Aiden and Evan would love it. Or if you really want to earn favored-aunt status, I'll "let" you pick them up and take them yourself. :)
You are the coolest mom, my kids would be thrilled to be in the car with you :D
Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, back atcha sistah..absolutely.
Hope things are calming down, it sounds like it's been nuts. I am impressed.
Sweet
I hope you make it too. I would love to keep you around for awhile. Love, Mom
Post a Comment