It's been a few days since I posted anything--mostly because I have been literally drowning in work and school. But I have a few free minutes right now to breathe, so I thought I'd give an update on us.
Randy started a new job on Monday. He left the Intermountain Taylorsville clinic and moved to an urgent care clinic affiliated with a private family practice down in Lindon. YES, we know, it's a long drive. However, if this job works out like we're hoping (and praying) it will, Randy will be spending more time at home with us, possibly making more money, and will not be bringing home mountains of paperwork and messages that he used to have to work on for HOURS at home when he worked for IHC (not that we're not grateful for IHC...we are.). In my book, it's a no-brainer.
(Excuse me while I calm Carter down and pull his hand out of the pirate ship it's been shoved into.)
Since Friday, I have done the following: finished two novels and a short story for school, conducted phone interviews for work, done grammar homework from hell, written five stories for the paper, written a five-page paper for class, managed to keep the house in order (somewhat) keep meals on the table and even did a load of laundry, all while being the supportive wife and mother of my family's dreams.
In other words, life has been crazy busy.
But tonight I get to chill for a while and get grounded again before the madness cycle starts over.
Two thoughts:
1) This evening at Target I bought some really nice swiss chocolate, just for me. Tiramisu flavor. I highly recommend that everyone shop at Target and buy some really nice swiss chocolate for themselves--any flavor--because it was really nice to pop some of that creamy deliciousness into my mouth, and I want you to feel as nicely as I did!
2) Many of you know that I worked for a company called Apex Alarm for a few years before Carter was born. It has gone from being kind of small and unknown to a nationwide giant in the home security market. Today I saw an ad for the company along the entire left side of one of the UTA buses at the Trax station, and it brought back fond memories of my time there. Like all jobs it was frustrating sometimes. But the owners and employees are good people, and it's a good company. So if you are in the market for some beefed up home security, call Apex. www.apxalarm.com.
That's about it for today. Kind of a long and rambly post--sorry about that. My next post will be way better, I promise.
17 years ago
3 comments:
Thanks for the APX spotlight. We appreciate it. :)
1. Sorry your life has been so crazy, hope it calms down a bit more soon!
2. I can't believe the Sarch is headed down south again. Please tell me that you won't be moving anytime soon, further away from me! And the drive isn't that bad. Oh and we should get together living so close, so I repeat item #1.
3. Thanks for the Apx shout out, I'm glad you like us. You should youtube some of the recent customer videos, they may make you cry a little.
I am so happy that Randy took that job. More money AND more time at home is a great thing. We have friends that live in Sandy and he drives to Payson everyday for work. I will try some of that chocolate. DO they sell it at Wal-mart? jokes.
Post a Comment