2.03.2009

Cheers to the average American taxpayer

Because obviously the average American taxpayer's money is what is keeping this country afloat, especially when prominent members of this country's political machine are kissing their careers goodbye over their choices not to belly up to the bar.

That's right. This post is for you Tommy D., Nancy K., and Timmy G.





How the h*** do you guys expect us to believe that you "overlooked" THOUSANDS of dollars in taxes that you owed this country? For things like live-in housekeepers and cars with drivers?? In this country, you are the privileged. Millions of us scrimp and save to pay the taxes that keep our country going. But you? You can't prioritize hiring that accountant to make sure that the right amount of the MILLIONS of dollars you recieve every year is given back to the government that PAYS YOUR SALARIES!!!! I'm sorry, but your public service--the service you signed up for--does not negate your responsibilities as taxpayers.

I'm glad you've decided to withdraw your nominations for prominent offices (except for you, Timmy. How you got the job I'll never know). If you can't be bothered by the basic demands of being a member of this nation, you don't deserve to represent the nation. Period.

4 comments:

Kirsty said...

I was just listening to All Things Considered (which always reminds me of working with you :) and wondering how in the WORLD this type of thing escapes you?! Especially when you know how devastating it could possibly be to your career. I am always only too painfully aware of the taxes that need to be paid. Maybe it happens when you have too much money..hmmmm.

Jen Davis said...

Amen Sister Friend! I am so tired of this nonsense. When I think about how much I pay in taxes every month I get physically ill. And I can't even afford to buy a house, let alone have a car and diver. Way to stick up for the little man.

Aimee said...

Go steph! :)

www.dearspike.com said...

Amen. Amen. Amen.