2.13.2009

Unfair and Unjust


Today, Carter helped me a lot around the house. He and I cleaned up his horribly disorganized room, then we took a lunch break before he helped me vacuum. I think he thought that after all that work he was entitled to some "me" time, because right before his nap--knowing full well that naptime was nearing--he asked if his friend Katie from across the street could come over to play. I said no, and that it was almost time for a nap.

He looked at me, knit his eyebrows together, and borrowing a line from his new favorite movie said, "Mom, it's unfair and unjust."

I think he would be quite an effective lawyer (if he hadn't told me a few days ago that he wants to be a dentist like Uncle Daegan). But he still had to take a nap.

2 comments:

Hmachine said...

I love how much little one's pick up on words. L always tells me he's disappointed! :) then he asks me what disappointed means!? :)

Kirsty said...

Dude. Daegan is a dentist?????!!! He's just a kid! Oh right..that was like 14 years ago..shocking how life does not stand still just because you leave a place isn't it.

Your child is soooo YOUR child and boy are you in for it. But it will be a very entertaining ride. He is cute and smart!
PS: UB40 is awesome