2.10.2009

A Website for the Little Ones on Snow Days

Upon reading some of my friends' blogs, I've noticed there have been a lot of snow days out there lately. So I thought I would spread the word on a website that has saved my bacon a few times with my sweet yet busy and inquisitive son.

"Peep and the Big Wide World" is one of the few cartoons I will let Carter watch because 1) It isn't loud and annoying 2) It teaches things like counting, matching, simple science concepts and problem-solving and 3) Peep, Chirp, and Quack are just so darn fun to watch. (Quack especially.)

It used to be on TLC in the mornings, but it's been taken off the air. Luckily, the website still shows daily videos and the games are GREAT. Carter's been playing them since he was 2. They are simple to understand and play, but every game teaches him something, which is really important.

So everyone show the love to Peep and log onto www.peepandthebigwideworld.com. Your kids will love you for it, you can trust the content, and you might even have time to read a magazine while you enjoy a mug of hot chocolate.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Thanks for the info, I will have to check it out!

MEREDITH said...

Stephanie your little guys is so cute... You must be so busy, school, wife, mother, and you write for a newspaper how do you do it all??? Well I miss you we had some good times... DO you know what ever happened with Laura Funk, and Lindsay can't remember her last name but yeah I haven't seen or heard from them in years... So I am going to add your blog to my list hopefully you don't mind... Talk with ya soon...