Last week, I took Carter with me to our Young Women's activity where all of us were painting cute picture frames.
First scare--Carter walked up and said, "Mom, I am sticky." And I noticed he had yellow paint on his hand...and therefore all over his dark green shirt. Problem solved by taking him to the bathroom, stripping off his shirt and rinsing it out. Carter was more than happy to run around shirtless for the remainder of the activity, although I'm pretty sure I got bad-parent points for letting him run around shirtless IN THE CHURCH.
Second scare--I had given him half a piece of gum before the activity, and after the painty-shirt episode, he said, "Mom, I lost my gum." I asked everyone very politely NOT TO MOVE!! while Natausha and I looked around on the floor, the table, in his clothes, on his shoes. We didn't find the gum anywhere. Carter finally admitted that he had swallowed it. I think he felt sorry for us.
Because here's where the miracle comes in.
I found the gum today. Where did I find it, you ask? I found it after I pulled a full load of Carter's laundry out of the dryer and one of his socks stuck to the sleeve of my shirt. As I pulled the sock off, I simultaneously noticed the ice-blue gum binding the sock to my sleeve and the minty fresh smell permeating all of the clean clothes. I frantically searched every piece of clothing and to my utter shock and delight, not one other item was slathered with gum!
I now firmly believe there is a good fairy watching over me as I try to keep this house in order. I just wish she would fold the laundry and put it away, too, because the clean laundry piling up around my house is really getting out of hand.
17 years ago
3 comments:
WHEW! So glad for a happy ending. And thank goodness for that little "fairy". I just made a comment on a friends blog about the laundry piling up thing. I think it's an age old dilema. Our laundry get piled up on our bed with the idea that I will have to fold it before I can lay my head to my pillow at night. Sometimes it works, sometimes I'm just to dadgum tired. Kudos to those who have figured it all out, eh?
gets and too, sorry for the typos. I had to make another comment because one can't have typos when one is commenting on an English majors blog...
Miracle yes!!!! My dryer has been know to make a huge mess from some of the smallest things. Melted greasy chapstick was probably one of the worst, cause it got all over everything!!! Gum is awful. My kids think I'm the meanest mom cause I never give it to them. The worst gum experience was years ago when my oldest smeared it all over the carpet and leather seats of our suv. Grrrrr!
Post a Comment