4.30.2009

Auld Lang Syne

Yesterday was my last day of classes at the University of Utah. It was definitely a bittersweet day, and I'm glad I was really busy yesterday so I wouldn't have to dwell on the following facts:
1) I LOVED going back to school!
2) I am such a geek.
3) I would immerse myself in academia for the rest of my life if I could.
4) I am done with the one thing in which I am most confident and at which I excel. (Those grammar classes came in handy, eh?!) SCARY.
5) I don't know where I'm supposed to go from here.

I am toying with the idea of going back to get a master's degree in ten years or so. (Randy plugs his ears and babbles every time I say that.) But until then, I am looking forward to spending quality time with my kiddo, focusing on home projects that I've put off for far too long, and maybe even meeting my newspaper deadlines once in a while (my editor, Tom, is looking forward to that, too).

The only thing standing between me and graduation is a comprehensive grammar final and two papers. And being the absolute geek that I am, I will savor every moment.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, you are your father's daughter aren't you. +) I was so glad when I was done going to school. I just hated tests. Well, enjoy your free time!

Megan B. said...

I know how you feel! While being a student can be stressful, I know how to do it, and can usually get good grades. It's a little scary not knowing what to do next.

Seabreeze said...

Congrats on being done with school. That's a huge accomplishment. Now can you come out and visit us please?!!