4.19.2009

Achilles' Heel

My Achilles' Heel? Dinner rolls. Specifically Rhodes dinner rolls. I know, I know--they make the dough for you and even shape it into little balls! How can that possibly go wrong?? I promise you, it can.

A couple of years ago, in a fond attempt to replicate my mom's "Monkey Bread," I loaded too many rolls into a bundt pan, and by the time they had risen, they were overflowing the pan and rolling down the sides. I decided to cook them anyway. Afterwards, Randy gently suggested that maybe I shouldn't try Monkey Bread anymore unless my mom was standing right next to me.

Today's attempt at dinner rolls turned out like this:

I know what you're thinking, but NO. This is NOT a panful of buttocks. After I bake them, my family will be eating these rolls with their chicken soup tonight. But, dear reader, I would recommend NOT putting your dinner rolls into a black non-stick pan and setting them on the porch in the sun so they will "rise a little faster"--unless, like my family, you want to eat buttocks for dinner.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

We should have a bad rhode's roll contest, I mess them up every time.

Kirsty said...

ROFL that's so funny. I'm sure your family will enjoy eating butt for dinner tremendously. It all adds character.

Jessica said...

Yea, I can't do ANY kind of dough. I am so bad at baking. I can make a mean dinner, just don't ask me to make any type of roll to go with it! I think you rolls look fine!

Mariel said...

Love your Butt-Rolls! Here's another super easy/great thing to do with Rhodes Rolls...

http://www.oneshetwoshe.com/2009/08/five-minute-dinners-navajo-tacos.html

Mariel
www.oneshetwoshe.com