I had an anxiety-ridden breakdown as I was talking to one of my friends at school today. See, I'm graduating from the U in three weeks. Should I tuck the degree away and smile in its general direction once in a while? Should I look for a more challenging job (that must still allow me to work from home part time on my own schedule? Yeah right!) I am, as my sis Kiirstin said fittingly, "in limbo." Most of all, I'm overwhelmingly sad that this stage of my education is over because I have loved (almost) every minute of it and I'm afraid of never having the chance to use what I've learned.
So, in this frame of mind I came home to check email and do homework, and I clicked on this story. After seeing it, I bawled unabashedly. If this woman can make her dreams come true at age 47 after a lifetime of nothing-too-special, I have nothing to fear. (And neither do you!)
4 comments:
I love that story! My sister in law forwarded it me this morning, and I seriously cried. I think it so great! It makes me remember the worth and greatness that is inside each one us, no matter what the world my think of us!
Limbo is THE WORST--get a ph.d. and keep going : )
I so know what you mean- most of our classes were great, but what the heck are we going to do with non-teaching English Lit degrees?!
What an incredible story!!! I agree, being in limbo is never easy. But it always works out. Good luck!
Post a Comment