4.17.2009

It's Official.



I'm a soccer mom. And I LOVE it. Carter had his first soccer practice last night, and after we got home he begged me to let him wear his uniform. I had to dash his hopes when he asked to wear it again this morning, though, because it needs to stay clean for his first game tomorrow and I refuse to do an emergency load of laundry just for the sake of his soccer uniform. (This may change in the future, but for right now it's a solid rule. Let's hope I can keep up with the laundry enough to live up to my own standards.)

And by the way, it makes me giggle every time I see "Great Tasting Lunchmeat!" on the back of his shirt. I have no idea why.

6 comments:

Tara said...

I saw the first line of this on my google reader while the rest was uploaded and nearly died when I saw "It's official, I'm a soccer mom." because I was sure you had given in and purchased a mini-van. Glad to see it is only sweet Carter looking adorable. And glad that you and I are still friends. :)

Matt & Andrea said...

Congrats, Soccer Mom! Watching little kids play soccer is pretty high on my "Things That Amuse Me" list! Enjoy.

Kirsty said...

Awwww so cute!! Nothing more adorable then watching your kids' first soccer games. He looks so professional :) Enjoy!! (I'm sure it is so much more fun watching one little game then it is to watch 4 endless ones several times a week...I've forgotten those happy days....)

Michele said...

Awe so sweet! Have fun!!!

Jen Davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Davis said...

Steph, you make the title "Soccer Mom" sexy. Carter looks precious and I think his games must be hilarious.

I need an Orrcita fix. Say hi to Randy and the kids for me!