5.01.2009

If they only knew...

And here we have Idaho, winning her way to fame.

(You may have to click on the pic to view it in its entirety.)

fail owned pwned pictures
see more pwn and owned pictures

I found this picture this morning on failblog. OK, I agree the name is a bit much nowadays, but if only they knew! Good old Beaver Dick--the 19th century fur trapper--is legend around Rexburg! He has a park named after him! (Yup--Beaver Dick Park. No, it is not a statue garden.) The most beautiful lake in the world is named after his Native American wife Jenny. Heck, he even scored the naming rights to a cemetery! Now with a legacy like that, can Beaver Dick really be considered a "fail?" I think not.

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

Did I ever tell you that Aaron and I got busted (by the cops) in a truck in Beaver Dick park before we were married?? We were really and truly only talking (at that time) but I had to show my ID to show I was of legal and consenting age :/

I am so pure that it took me years to cotton onto that unfortunate name.
Oy-freaking-vey. Only in Southern Idaho :D

Michele said...

lol....I clicked on the site/pic before I read the rest of your post and SOME of the comments and thought the same thing...if only they knew there was also a PARK named that, not just a silly street sign! lol Too funny!