We tried to paint everything before we moved in, but the task was so monumental it just couldn't be done. So, all of my spring and fall breaks from school since 2007 have been spent re-painting, remodeling, or redecorating some room in our house.
I spent my first break re-doing the boys' room which was (yes, you guessed it) pink for about six months before I got to it. Next I re-did the bathroom, which wasn't pink but was still ugly. Then I painted the pink stairwell leading to our unfinished basement. Next up was Camryn's room, because the various puppies in the too-precious-for-words wallpaper border started freaking her out at night.
This past spring break--the last one of my recent college career--I realized I had pretty much painted or re-decorated every room in my house...finally! But I still wasn't happy with our bedroom. I was on a work deadline the week of my break so I didn't have time for a major project. But I figured that with some changes in the wall decor and curtains, I could make my room a relaxing and tranquil place to be.
It's amazing what you can accomplish with $100 of tax-return money and a nearby Target.
(Yes, dears, I realize that the photo frame on the shelf needs a photo....I didn't say I was totally finished, you know.)
It's not as lavish as something you'd find in an Ethan Allen catalog, but I love my new room. Now, if we could just finish the basement so that I could move our office furniture out of our bedroom, I would be blissfully and perfectly happy. But until that time, I am totally content to relax in my room just the way it is.
5 comments:
Looks great! I never decorate my room. It is always the room I neglect. NO one sees it. Someday I will have a room that I will want to spend the day in. Like newleyweds.
Looks so cute! I especially love your bed frame, the lines of it are delicious. But I am sad that you now hate my signature color. :)
Ahhh, I would be in heaven if my bedroom EVER looked like that! lol
Looks cute. I have the worst eye for decorating. I just can't pick out stuff to spiff up my place by myself. I always have to drag some poor friend or relative into the process to make it look okay. So, good job to you!
You're my hero. I absolutely hate painting (mostly because of the cleaning that has to happen first!). But it sure looks nice when you're finished. I say CONGRATS!
Post a Comment