Carter LOVES Grape-nuts. Craves them. BEGS for them when we're out of them. He's THREE. Oh, if only my choices could be as wise as his are. Instead, I choose rice crispie treats and really buttery toast for breakfast. But what's really funny is that he can't miss out on one kernel of crunchy goodness. Every day, when he's nearing the bottom of the bowl, he asks "Mom, can you get me the last bite?" And I obediently tip the bowl and scrape the bottom until ALL the Grape-nuts have been found. At least I never have to use that line about the starving kids in China.
Added cuteness of this picture: the little cup behind him on the counter is a planted seed he got from his teachers in sunbeam class last week. It says "I'm thankful for seeds" on the front. After church two weeks ago, he bolted up to me, handed me a bottle of water and yelled "Mom, I'm thankful for WATER!!!" Wouldn't it be great if we all had sunbeam teachers who reminded us to be thankful for the little things?
Also really cute: His Utes pajama bottoms. In spite of the fact that I made them (first sewing attempt in 10 years, but it turned out great, yes?) he just looks so dang sporty in them when he tackles Randy during their nightly before-bed football game.
Go Utes!
2 comments:
What a great kid! It is nice to be reminded by children about the little things we can be grateful for. As far as the pajamas....I just might have to bring you some material to make me some ;).
I'm with Carter-I love Grape Nuts. I eat them nearly every day (plain, no sugar) and hate it when they're gone. I need to find someone to scoop out the last bite for me.
Post a Comment