11.06.2008

Tiger spotted in West Jordan neighborhood

Mom emailed me today and was highly disappointed that I hadn't posted pictures of Halloween yet. So this somewhat belated Halloween post is for dear, sweet Mother.

Some background: Carter is notoriously skittish when it comes to Halloween costumes. Last year, we decided a full-body chick costume would be perfect. It would keep him warm and required little work. Ideal! What we ended up with was this:


This year, we mistakenly believed we could get away with the full-body costume again, and when Carter insisted he REALLY REALLY wanted to be a monkey for Halloween, we believed him. What we ended up with was this:
So I took the monkey costume back (notice I left the tags on the costume for just such a situation) and told Carter that he could decide between a clown costume and a tiger costume, both of which I could make from a regular sweatsuit. After weeks of switching between the two, he finally decided to give in to my decree that HE WAS GOING TO BE A TIGER. END OF DISCUSSION.

Kiirstin came over to help me paint, and after a couple of hours a tiger was born. It was a hit.


2 comments:

Tara said...

So cute!!

Jen Davis said...

He is as cute as a basketful of kittens. I miss the Archibald Family!