I am fine with the fact that Obama is going to be president. I would have been fine with McCain, too. The thing is, I disagree with both of them on some issues and yet I agree with both of them on some issues as well. Either of them would have had struggles in office--it's just the nature of the world we live in. They are both good men, and either one would have done the best they could.
But here is what really makes me angry: when people are so caught up in their own crazy ideas that they cannot see logic. Take, for example, the woman who told the SIX-year-olds (one of whom I know) in her carpool yesterday that if Obama became president he would start killing babies in their mommies' tummies. Or the woman (whom I know) who said she knows Obama hates America and is not going to support America, and she's scared to death trying to think of what his "agenda" could possibly be.
To these people I want to say: Give me a break. Obama is not the anti-Christ, no matter how many right-wing websites say he is. And just because a Democrat made it to the White House doesn't mean the world is coming to a rapid and fiery end. BE REASONABLE, calm down, and see what happens. He may actually do a good job.
In other news:
ANNIVERSARY--Randy and I celebrated seven years of married (almost always)bliss on Monday. We got each other a couple of small gifts and then that night we went to dinner at Johnny Carino's. MM-MM-GOOD!
CARTER--Bubby is sick. He has this really awful cough that scares you if you're not expecting it, because it sounds like you're sitting next to a really angry rottweiler. But the medicine makes him so hyper that I can barely deal with him. So as a mother, I'm really in a quandary. Physical health (of my son) or Mental Heath (my own!). Just kidding. I give him the meds.
WEATHER--We woke up to three inches of snow outside, and it's still coming down! YAY! Candy Cane Cocoa for everyone--on me!

3 comments:
I won't say anything about politics becasue it's over and whats done is done.
Happy Anniversary! Thats too bad taht Carter is sick. I laughed to hear you say he sounds like a rotweiler (? on spelling, bear with me) That hot cocoa looks good. You will have to hook us all up with that at Cam's.
I could not agree with you more. I voted for Obama, not because I think he's a far superior candidate, but because I didn't really care who won so I might as well be controversial in this ridiculously conservative state. Neither McCain or Obama represents me well, but neither offends me either. So I chose to be a rebel.
Oh I do so love you. I wrote a post about being a Mormon Democrat just before the election and the crazies are still coming out of the wood work to comment.
I love the concept of USING YOUR BRAIN when it comes to politics. Unfortunately fear seems to rule the day in some circles and I think it is both ridiculous, and tragic because a little of the BRAIN USING THING would go a long way toward making people feel better about the situation. Oy vey.
There is an awesome post on the topic on my blog by a guest blogger,Nathan Richardson.
And...yay you, you brain user, you!
Post a Comment