5.09.2009

I did it!


I graduated with a B.A. in English from the University of Utah on Friday! The culmination of all the hard work of the last 2 and 1/2 years (plus that brutal year in Americorps way back when)! Mom and Dad and Randy and Carter were there to cheer me on, and the commencement ceremony was amazing. David McCullough (author of 1776 and John Adams) gave the commencement address, and if you have a chance you should check out the transcript here. Absolutely inspiring.

Yes, I LOVED school, but it is done with (for now) and I have come to grips with the fact and I'm ready to move on. I will miss the good friends, the amazing professors, and the stimulating discussions. But I'm just so grateful to have had the opportunity to reach my goal in such an enjoyable way.

Steph to Randy: "Hey baby, doesn't this graduation cap look hot?!" (By the way, no.)

Steph thinking,"Hmmm. WHAT am I going to do with all that free time?!"

10 comments:

amyorr said...

Good job Steph! So proud! What to do.......Carter needs a brother.

Carrie said...

Graduation is a beautiful thing!

Megan B. said...

I love your pictures!

Michele said...

Congrats!!!

Kirsty said...

You are so CUTE. You seriously have not changed one bit since Ricks! I'm really proud of you, that is fantastic! Thanks for sharing your awesomely special day with us.
Your cap is TOTALLY hot.

Hmachine said...

Wahoooo!!! party hard!!! I think the grad. hat is pretty sexy myself. :)

MEREDITH said...

How exciting, Congrats!!!

Jamie H. said...

Congrats! What an amazing accomplishment! Think of the great example you are for your son in teaching him the importance of education! You're awesome!

Jen Davis said...

You continue to rock my world, even if you did graduate from the U. I am so very proud of you.

Now when are you coming to DC again? ;)

Aimee said...

Yeah steph! It feels so great to get it done doesn't it? I promised myself I would never go back :)