We have been expecting this for a while because 1) the heater is original to the house, which was built in 1997 and 2) we had to replace the water heater in our last house, so why not this one too? I think it's a trend.
Anyway, lucky for us a guy in Randy's small business group is a plumber, and he has kindly agreed to come out today and replace it for us. I'm so glad about that. We were worried we'd have to wait until after New Year's.
On a more introspective note, as I was trying to wash my face in a basin of water I had heated on the stove, I became really aware of how much I take things like a comfortable (if not super-stylish) bed, a warm and cozy (if not huge and brand new) house, and hot water at any given moment for granted. We are so lucky to live where we live and have the goods and opportunities we have--not to mention enough money to cover the cost of a new water heater.
Our family is truly blessed--especially since I won't have to take any more pioneer baths like this:
No comments:
Post a Comment