Today, Randy had to work in the clinic in Pleasant Grove from 9am to 9pm. Tonight was also the annual "Messiah" sing-along at the high school across the street. Since I love stuff like that and Randy doesn't so much, I decided to take Carter and go to the sing.
Oh, dear readers, let ye never be so foolish.
Scene: The very last chorus, all the choir and congregation singing their hearts out to the symphony. Large crescendo and increase in intensity.
CHORUS: "BLESSING AND HONOR, GLORY AND POWER, BE UNTO HIM THAT SITTETH UPON THE THRONE, AND UNTO THE LAMB, FOR EVER AND EVER!!"
(Very long unusually quiet and expectant silent pause)
CARTER: "Mom, I need to go potty...."
ME: Look of disbelief as my hand slaps over his mouth.
CHORUS: "AAAAAA--MEEEEEEEENNNNNN!!!!"
That'll teach me to try to expose a three-year-old to some culture. At least he liked the trumpet solo.
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment