That being said, we had a really fun Christmas this year. We stayed with ALL of Randy's family at his parents' house--that's right, all thirty-something of us stayed at my in-laws. One word: CHAOS. But the cousins had a blast and it was fun to see everyone, so it was worth it.
On Christmas Eve, we spent the afternoon at my family's old stake center (church house) in Rigby and had a huge dinner with Randy's extended family.
Christmas Day, everyone got up at seven to have breakfast and a short devotional by Lynn. (Notice the FEET of snow burying our cars outside the window.)
Then the kids lined up on the stairs for the annual Christmas photo. But the kids are getting so big and so numerous that not all of them fit in the picture. (Sorry, Garrett and who knows who else.)
After that--PRESENTS!
And then the grand finale--it gets more bizarre every year. I present to you: my father-in-law Lynn.
He really is a lot more professional on the other 364 days of the year.
Anyway, the kids were pleased with their presents, and we had a good time together with everyone. We welcomed our future sis-in-law Stefanie who is engaged to Trevor, and even experienced the birth of a new niece--Shelby Jane Archibald was born on Dec. 26 to Ben and Cheri. Congratulations!
Now, if I could just find someone to put away all of our Christmas decorations for free. I would do it, but I'm now too fat to move.
4 comments:
HA HA!!!! I'm definitely counting tropical passionfruit body spray as a serving of fruit!!! And what would Christmas be without 5 lbs of gaining???? :) Seriously! :) Glad you had fun!
lol...that is too funny! I am right there with ya! I think I have gained and lost and regained the same 10 pounds between thanksgiving and tomorrow morning I am sure! lol Good thing we have 330 days to take it off again before committing the same crime! lol
Chaos is an understatement, but it was fun huh steph? Glad you can hang with the craziness! Sorry about the water heater, sounds like its time for some good luck to come your way. Love you guys!
Ok and I thought we had a houseful. We had all but Shane and his family and my parents together. Yes, it gets crazy, but that's what makes it exciting right? Glad you had a good Christmas!
Post a Comment