Seriously, people? (And by "people," I mean ultra-conservative right wingers.)
He's the PRESIDENT.
He wants kids to STAY IN SCHOOL and GET AN EDUCATION.
Get your facts straight, and get off your high horses.
You are making yourselves look paranoid and ridiculous.
And by the way, those "Despite-your-political-preference-the-president-deserves-respect" arguments you threw around during the last administration work when the president is a Democrat, too.
Teach THAT to your children, please. Preferably by example.
17 years ago
5 comments:
I heart you Stephy Lou. I really do.
What the SMART chick said.
Seriously, get a freaking grip.
Post watching the clip:
"Before anyone exposes MY children to THEIR VISION OF AMERICA..."
(even if he is the President). Soooo incredibly laughably pathetic. Seriously??? Oh my heavens. I am embarrassed for him and all those like him. I hope he screens everything they ever watch on TV or read or hear at church too.
What is it with so many Republicans and the conspiracy theories and the mean-spiritedness? I am so.sick.of.it. Your guy didn't win, grow up, suck it up, get over yourselves. You'll get another shot in 4 years.
I'd say we should ALL be thrilled about anybody who is trying to have any type of positive influence on our kids. Heaven knows they get enough of the other type.
Awesome post... I linked to it on my blog, hope you don't mind.
Thanks for your comment! You can guess that I agree with you!!! Sigh. What's this world coming to?
Glad Megan linked to us both...
D and I couldn't figure out why everyone was sooo upset about it either. . . . I think it's good for our kids to know their president wants them to stay in school and be educated. I didn't do a lot of research on it, so I'm not sure what the speech was, etc. But I think it was blown out of perspective too.
Post a Comment