This Tuesday, I will join the ranks of the gainfully employed. Well, sort of. The pay isn't going to stop traffic, and it will only be part-time. But I will be doing something that will make a difference...I hope.
I will be starting at Jordan Valley Elementary as a special education preschool assistant.
I know. Whoa.
And this position allows me to get my teaching license.
Yowza.
I think it's funny how life comes full circle. Growing up, all I wanted to be was a teacher, mostly so I could write on the blackboard all day. When I went to junior college, I had other more responsible reasons for wanting to teach. But after I got an associate's degree with an emphasis on elementary ed, I decided that teaching was maybe not what I wanted to do with my life.
And now, here I am. When I was going to school again this last time, I thought about getting my teaching license. But paying for the 15 extra classes (and going to school for another year and a half, at least) didn't seem like the thing to do at the time. However, with this job, licensure is a distinct possiblity and this time it seems like a reasonable goal.
I am excited--and scared, and worried, and overwhelmed, and a little sick to my stomach--about this opportunity. It will be a good thing--yet another twist in my twisted life, a curveball I didn't see coming. But an adventure, nonetheless!
17 years ago
3 comments:
Good luck! You are amazing. Always doing something and trying new things.
Umm....I switced from diet coke to diet pepsi. neat huh.
Congratulations! My brother started his teaching career at Jordan Valley, and I spent two summers working there as an aide in their summer program. It will be hard, but very rewarding!
I truly think you almost always go back...full circle. lol I got my Associates in Accounting. After my mission I went to BSU and quickly decided I did NOT want to be an accountant. However, when I started working at my current job (a credit union) I ended up being asked to do the general ledgers (accounting). I adamently esisted, but was told "it's like coloring" and was told I was doing the job. Now I totally LOVE it and they took it away so someone else could learn it. I miss it! lol
Good luck with your new job. I hope you really enjoy it! :-)
Post a Comment