9.08.2009

How much more can 24 hours hold?

Not that I want to find out. It's a rhetorical question.

Yesterday, my sis-in-law Angelica and my brother Cameron had the scare of their lives in the form of the birth of their new son, Caleb. Caleb was fine, but Angie was not and she ended up having to have emergency surgery--basically to save her life. She has some serious recovery time ahead of her, but we're glad she's safe. And now we have this little one in our family...



...and I got to hold him yesterday. (I'm so d*mn baby hungry I can't even stand it.)

This morning, bright and early, I dropped Carter off at Kim's house and went to my new job. Wow. This will be an interesting year. More about that later.

After work, I got home, put Carter down for a nap and then found out that my dad was admitted to the hospital this afternoon. He has numbness in his face, and after a few tests the doctors found that his heart is working much harder than it should be under normal circumstances. So they admitted him to do some tests, find out what's up, and hopefully prevent any other problems. Dad's not famous for taking very good care of himself, so maybe this will be a good thing for him--scare him into exercising once in a while and NOT putting an entire stick of butter on his toast in the morning. You know, baby steps.

Anyway, I'm kind of glad this day is drawing to a close and hoping nothing else gets thrown our way. But considering the fragile and unpredictable nature of life, I'm not getting my hopes up too high!

3 comments:

Megan B. said...

Oh, he is beautiful! I hope your sister-in-law will be okay! I can't wait to hear more details about your job... and lastly, I hope your dad is okay and they find out what is wrong.

Renae said...

Beautiful babe....sorry for all the other stuff. Hope all goes well with your brother and his family and you Dad. Love you my sweet!!!

Emily said...

What a beautiful baby! I'm sorry to hear the other news. Is Cam's wife ok? What happened? I hope your dad is doing ok too. You know you guys were all my favorite neighbors. Hope things get better.