9.22.2009

Perspective, Part II

Every woman has those days when you wake up and look in the mirror and you're happy with yourself and you're looking pretty good, and you think, "Maybe that workout is finally getting me toned up and wow, that new cleanser is doing wonders for my radiant skin! I may be thirtysomething, but I'm a HOT thirtysomething!!"

But more often, there are those days when you wake up and look in the mirror and your heart just sinks because all you see is flab and cellulite and weird moles and random pimples and hair in strange places. Those mornings are depressing. They make you frown a lot and wear slouchy clothes to try to hide everything you hate about your body.

And then there are those days when you see something that puts it all into perspective. Yes, you may not have the body you had when you were 20. Yes, hair grows in places it shouldn't. Yes, you may have pimples. BUT!!! Exercise equipment (or in my case, the neighborhood streets and a couple of friends) can help you feel better about that! Tweezers and Proactiv were created for people like you!! The world does not end because of bad hair days!!! And chances are good that you will never, ever, ever look like this...

epic fail pictures
see more Fail Blog

...because you are smart enough to know when enough is ENOUGH.

When it comes right down to it, I would be ungrateful to complain about the body that I have. All kidding aside, I have a body that gets me where I want to go. I can move and run and dress myself and feed myself and play with my kids and ride on a roller coaster and do pretty much anything I want to do. And when I get dressed up, I think I look pretty good. SO WHAT if I don't look like Cindy Crawford. I can live my life and enjoy everything I do. I'm FREE.

On a side note, I've also vowed to never buy short shorts from Aeropostale!!! You would do well to follow my lead.

4 comments:

Emily said...

That was great! thanks for the laugh!

MEREDITH said...

LOL!!! Thanks for a great morning Laugh!

Jessica said...

So true, all of it! Short short should never be worn...by anyone, end of story. There is just something wrong with butt cheeks leaking out!

Jen Davis said...

Steph - if I do say so myself your body is damn fine.