The following picture illustrates perfectly the reason why I try to avoid Toys R Us. I realize that toy stores can be wonderlands for the little ones. When I was growing up, a trip to Toys R Us was roughly our equivalent to what Baptists refer to as "The Rapture." However, as a parent, anyplace that has chronically dirty floors and/or merchandise, unwashed and unsupervised waifs running about and an entryway that smells like someone's kid just took a leak in the corner is no place I want my child to be any longer than is necessary. And with a Target three minutes away from me and the internet just a click away, Toys R Us--along with Walmart--has become unnecessary.

(For those of you questioning the ickyness of this photo, YES, that's a wad of used chewing gum in the corner.)
1 comment:
Hey! I's been a while! It will be great to keep in touch through the blogoshere. And yes, I do almost all my shopping on-line too!
Post a Comment