Tonight was a quiet celebration of the new year for us. Carter went to bed around 11:15, and Randy followed soon after. So it was just me...watching Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on CNN (by the way, who thought they would make good co-hosts? She just says foul things while he giggles in self-conscious horror) and swilling the Martinelli's.
I have to say I had a calm, happy moment at the turn of the year. I could hear fireworks and noisemakers and cheers outside, so I stepped out onto my porch, robe and slippers and all. I found a surprising number of other people out, too, celebrating the hope of a better year to come. (Because let's be honest, people, 2009 SUCKED THE BIG ONE. Everyone is hoping for a better year.) It was snowy and strangely quiet and peaceful in between the random shouts and fireworks, with the full moon lighting up the neighborhood. It was beautiful. It made me feel confident that good things will happen in the year to come.
So happy New Year, one and all! May 2010 bring reparations for all the crap we've had to deal with in 2009!
(And thanks for the glasses, Renae! Glittering them was the highlight of Carter's evening...ok, that and playing Wii with Randy.)
3 comments:
Cute picture! And yes, here here to 2010. Let it be a good one!
Pray 2010 brings your parents closer to you. Wouldn't that be a blessing! (This is a right and wrong answer to this question.) Love, Mom
Bring on all the good stuff!
Post a Comment