1.12.2010

Let it go. This too shall pass.

Our little family has been struggling with some tough challenges in the last few months. Details are unnecessary, but I'll just say that both Randy and I have been fairly stressed out...sleepless nights, panic attacks and ulcer-inducing stressed out.

During this time, I've been lucky to find comfort in small blessings and unexpected places. Today, a high school friend on facebook posted a scripture from Proverbs: "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths." My friends have been such a strength to me, and their faith has upheld my faith in many ways. The fact that my relationship with Randy is weathering this hurricane of trials is a huge blessing in and of itself. Then, there's the humbling thought that I have a warm, comfortable home and food to feed my family every day, and a JOB. Many, many people don't even have that.

One of my unexpected comforts today came from--of all places--youtube. I was looking for footage of the earthquake in Haiti (p.s. keep everyone there in your prayers) and I stumbled upon this video. (Youtube won't let me embed it, so just click on the link.)

Yes, pretty quirky. No, it's not like it's Mozart. But this made me smile and put things in perspective for me today. Plus, I quite enjoy videos by OK GO.

"You can't keep letting it get you down, and you can't keep dragging that dead weight around...LET IT GO. THIS TOO SHALL PASS."

1 comment:

Allayne and Brent said...

You are a wise woman. Look up Joshua 1:9, which just happens to be the theme for the youth at church this year. Love, Mom