Tonight, I had a meeting to attend in Cottonwood Heights, so I didn't have the time (or the groceries....note to self: go grocery shopping) to make dinner. Instead, I loaded Carter up and went to Target on the way to the meeting. I thought we could knock out two birds with one stone by eating pizza for dinner at the lunch counter after grabbing a couple of things I needed for the house.
I usually like shopping at Target, but tonight was an off night. Wierd things happened. Wierd people were everywhere. For example:
--Dear woman in the family restroom: Family restrooms are for FAMILIES. Not for girls who want to feel like they have their own personal bathroom. Do you understand the increasing difficulty of taking my four-year-old son into the women's restroom? Also, next time you decide to barricade yourself in there, you may want to remember to lock the door. Nice meeting you, even though you were wiping your butt at the time.
--Dear dude with the blue mohawk and chains: I'm sorry, but you have no right to get pissed off when my son laughs at you and tells me (at the top of his voice) that you look funny. You DO look funny. YOU DYED YOUR HAIR BLUE AND STAPLED YOURSELF WITH CHAINS.
But all the wierdness was worth it when Carter and I sat down and were eating our pizza, lost in our thoughts. All of a sudden, out of the blue, Carter turned to me and said, "Mom, I like the sound of crickets, but I don't like it when they are close to me."
Ohhh-kay. Now I know.
I love that kid.
17 years ago
6 comments:
I hate it when I have an extra word in my comment so I delete it and then you still know that I made a comment.....
What I was saying is that:
Wow, it was an off night. I'm glad that after all of that he was deep in thought about crickets - Cute boy!
You're hilarious my friend. And I love your kid too. Not that I ever met him, but I am good with knowing these things.
maybe you should of gone to Wal-mart. You probably could of seen 2 guys with piercing's and nose rings.
Oh, and you and Kirsty should hop in the car and come visit....ANYTIME!
ROFL! To all of those things!
Stephanie,
I saw a Walmart bingo card that I'm sure you could apply to Target. It has things like:
A person missing a tooth
Obese person using scooter
Rat tail hair style
Dirty diaper in parking lot
Google it and print one out next time you head out-should be fun.
You could add, Guy with blue mohawk.
Post a Comment