11.05.2010

A Whole New Life. Kind of.

If life is a big neverending circle then I guess I'm where I should be, back where it all began--living with my parents.

This admission brings with it a little bit of mortification (I'm almost 35 and living with my PARENTS?!) but the overwhelming feeling I have is gratitude. I'm so grateful my mom and dad have been so generous by allowing Carter and me to crash here for a bit while I get my legs under me and get started down a new path.

We moved in this past Monday. I packed the last of the things from the house in West Jordan, said goodbye to my friends, and looked ahead to a whole new life. Definitely not the life I ever, ever imagined for myself, but I think it will still be a good life. I'm not quite sure what the future holds for me, but that's what makes it exciting, no?

Carter started school on Tuesday, and he loves his new class and has fit right in. Being apart from Randy has been a little tougher for him, especially on Monday night. But routines are forming and he's feeling more comfortable with our new digs, so I think we will both be just fine. Quite frankly if he's happy, I'm happy.

The hardest thing I will have to face by living here will probably be the steady stream of Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, with a little German yodeling and polka music mixed in. (I love you, Dad!) But if that's all I have to complain about, life is pretty darn good!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

The German Yodeling comment made my laugh right out loud! Hoping you adjust okay!! We need to come and see you and your parents new digs.

Stina said...

You are a sweetheart, Stephanie. I am glad to reconnect with you and wish you the best. And you keep me so entertained with your fb posts. Hope you don't mind me following along! Also, could our fathers be related? Who else listens to Rush and German yodeling? Does your dad perchance enjoy leisure hikes? We may need to get them together. They could be bffs!

Anonymous said...

Furthermore, islamabad is an ideal place for an outing in somewhere else. Islamabad car rent services With incredible people, extraordinary sustenance, and limitless things to endeavor, it's a startling you haven't booked that islamabad rental auto starting at now. Turn out to be more familiar with what this spot is about when you book the ideal auto for your escape needs.