5.12.2010

Bizarre Rainbows.

Today, Carter and I were driving home from the preschool when I looked up and saw this:

...a straight rainbow! I've never seen anything like it. It stretched in a straight line across part of the sky--not in a bow like a traditional rainbow or in a circle like a circle around the sun. And it SHIMMERED...I'll swear it on my life.

To myself I muttered, "What IS that?? It's so bizarre!"


To which Carter replied, "Some rainbows are just bizarre, Mom." Like it was the most normal thing in the world.

In other news, I got this in the mail today:

It's official.

Bizarre rainbows, indeed.

5 comments:

Jamie H. said...

Congrats on the new job! (I see you still have gorgeous handwriting. I remember being jealous of your handwriting when we were kids!!)

Hmachine said...

Very cool!!! on both! :) :)

Alicia Archibald said...

I have seen one rainbow that did that. It was so pretty. Uncle Vondell had a special name for it, we were boating at reunion when we saw it. They really do shimmer.

Olivia Carter said...

Congrats! And I love the rainbow- very cool!

Michele said...

I have gotten an email awhile ago about something like this...I think it is called a "fire rainbow". In fact the one in the email was a pic of one over Idaho.

Okay now you had my curious so I had to go google hunting for it...here is an article on it at snopes.com http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/firerainbow.asp. While they don't look exactly the same, I think it is the same idea/science lol

And congrats on the new job!! You'll be great!