5.09.2010

The Best Mother's Day.

Yesterday, Randy treated me to a morning of pampering as my Mother's Day gift. He took Carter to work with him for the morning while I attended two appointments--one for a hot stone massage (PERFECTION) and one for a hot-towel facial (TO DIE FOR). That, combined with cards from Carter and Randy this morning, made me think my day was complete.

And then Carter said the blessing over breakfast this morning.

"Heavenly Father, I'm thankful for my mom and that she's so good to me. Bless Daddy's headache that it will feel better. We're thankful for our food and our house and our family. Bless them to be strong. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

I helped raise that sweet, earnest, compassionate kid! And with all my mistakes and blunders and the trials of being a mom, in that moment I felt deeply and eternally honored and blessed.

May your Mother's Day be as wonderful as mine has been!

PS--I LOVE YOU, MOM!

2 comments:

Allayne and Brent said...

I love you too, my lovely daughter. Mom

Anonymous said...

What a great guy! Yes, Merrie's hot towel facial is totally deluxe. Saturday must have been a real treat!

www.cablecarcouture.com