10.12.2009

MPM

I have a friend named Kirsty who is brilliant and funny and devilish and I love her to pieces. (You should get to know her.) She has a regular feature on her blog called "Works For Me Wednesday" where she explains a product or technique that makes her life much easier and less chaotic and all-around happy.

Well, in honor of Kirsty and in an attempt to warn you away from things that will NOT make your life easier OR less chaotic and actually cause you to be much less happy, I am introducing a new feature on my blog called "Miserable Product Monday." (OK, this is probably the only time I will do it, and only because I hate this product SOOOOO MUCH!!!)

NEVER BUY THIS PRODUCT. IT IS VERY VERY FALLIBLE.




Unless you would like your shower curtain to look like this:



...and your bathmat to look like this:



...and for two sets of clothes to be spattered with makeup. Because it will happen. Often. But only if you use this crappy product.

Not only does it destroy your bathroom because the pump is constantly clogged (my shower curtain is SIX FEET AWAY from my vanity! SIX FEET!!!!) but when you wear it, it does not make you look young and dewy. It makes you look chalky. And dry-skinned. And OLD.

If you're cheap like me and use drugstore makeup (and you're a little bit more..."mature"...shall we say), go for Maybelline Instant Age Rewind cream foundation instead of this one. Many loads of laundry and one bad attitude later, I really wish I had listened to my own advice!

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

Duly noted, my friend. Duly and soberly noted.

As a cheap drug store makeup afficionado myself, I appreciate being able to skip the practical portion of my consumer review of that particular product.

Please accept my sincere condolences for your snowy white bathmat and previously unspotted shower curtain. :( They were both very lovely until cut down in their prime. A shame, a real shame.

I am always mesmerized by both the trajectory and the circumference of the hair dye splatter zone in my bathroom. It's all without rhyme or reason. I really wonder how some of it gets in some of the places that it does. One would think I head banged to vintage AC/DC while I was waiting for the dye to develop. But I don't. I am very still and quite demure.

And yet.

My cheap bathroom laminate floor tells the sad tale of a woman in her early 30's valiantly battling her prematurely gray fate without the aid of trained professional.

So pitiful, really.

As kind as you are attribute the brilliance of WFMW to me, I cannot take the credit. It is merely a carnival that I take part in where many women offer their wisdom and guidance, much of it far superior to my own. But thank you, as always for the tender nurturing of my ego. xo

I totally think you should take Miserable Product Monday (MPM) on the road. I think you would have a hit. I would participate religiously.

Olivia Carter said...

I am truly grateful when people blog about poorly made products. That's really bad! Too bad also- because that's some cute bathroom stuff!