7.19.2009

Who needs Comedy Central?

I love my son for so many reason, but one of those reasons is that he is HILARIOUS. Screaming-with-laughter-and-holding-your-sides funny. And he's had a really good run in the last few days--humor-wise, I mean.
First, there's this little gem.



Corn on the cob is good, but Carter could teach lessons in Relishing 101. And I love that he's truly confused about why we laugh after he declares his hands "clean."

Carter's a sweetie, but he's also been learning to pit Randy and I against each other when it comes to issues of treats, movies and computer time. For example, if he comes to me for one of these things and I say no, he will walk straight to Randy in the other room, ask him the same question, and usually get a different answer. (In his defense, Randy usually doesn't know that Carter has already gotten a "no" from me.)

Tonight, Carter asked for a treat as he rummaged through the pantry for something sweet. I told him that would be fine. Eventually, he found the bag of candy he got from the 4th of July parade a couple of weeks ago and brought it to me. I handed him a Tootsie Roll and a taffy and told him that was all he could have since it was almost bedtime. He let out a "Woo-hoo!" and happily shoved it all in his mouth.

A minute or two later, he walked over to the coffee table where I had set the bag, and attempted to snatch it. As I snatched it back, he said, "I just want to take it to Daddy!"

But I know that trick. So I tickled him, told him no more candy, and said "You sneaky little devil, you!"

To which he replied, "Mom, I'm NOT A 'W'!!!!"

Pure comedic genius. Unwitting and accidental, but still genius.

6 comments:

amyorr said...

I have never seen a kid "clean" his hands so fast. he is adorable!

Kiirstin said...

Wow I wish I enjoyed corn like that more often!

Kelly said...

What a smartie! Loved the clip and the dialogue. What a great kid.

Emily said...

What a cute kid! I have to admit, boys in general are hilarious. It's those fun/silly times that make being a parent so worth it.

Allayne and Brent said...

Randy let him eat a vegetable? Love, Mom Orr

Allayne and Brent said...

Randy let Carter eat vegetables? Love, Mom Orr