
Carter has become enamored with Candyland in the past few weeks, and enjoys playing it frequently. Randy and I, on the other hand, have realized there's a reason it's for kids 3-6 years of age. It's BORING. Really really mind-numbing. But we play it because we love our son--luckily.
However, Carter and I played a best-of-three tournament this morning that was actually fun--fun for Carter because he loves the game, and fun for me because I love watching Carter.
For example, did you know that the four little gingerbread-man gamepieces can play a really down and dirty game of football? Or that the candy characters on the board are "fabulous?" Well, it's true.
But the biggest thing I learned is that my son is super-competetive. After winning the last game and doing a victory dance, Carter plopped down on my lap, put his chubby arms around my neck, and in an attempt to console the loser said, "Mom, when four-year-olds win, thirty-three-year-olds don't win."
Now that's wisdom you can't argue with.
No comments:
Post a Comment